"By us for us"! TAVA is 100% volunteer and member led, by an Executive Committee - voted in and informed by our members - who support TAVA's mission. The Executive Committee also supports Ad Hoc Committees. We thank our past and current Executive Committee and Ad Hoc Committee members! Note: Our Executive Committee members are officially voted in during our membership meetings, at our annual June AGM, or during the last month of our fiscal year, where we officially welcome our new Executive Committee slate for the new TAVA Membership fiscal year (Oct 1 through to Sept 30). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for an available role!
SUMMARY OF ALL EXECUTIVE ROLES:
PAST PRESIDENT (AVAILABLE ROLE): Supports and helps transition new TAVA President
- PRESIDENT: Partners with Executives to support TAVA's mission
- VICE PRESIDENT (AVAILABLE ROLE): In training for President role, and supports President
- MEMBERSHIP CHAIR (AVAILABLE ROLE): Oversees member support, maintenance & growth
- AWARDS & BURSARY CHAIR : Oversees Bursary and Innovation awards
- PROGRAM CHAIR (AVAILABLE ROLE): Supports TAVA's workshop/member development goals
- SECRETARY (AVAILABLE ROLE): Provides admin and minute taking support to Executive
- SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING & COMMUNICATION (AVAILABLE ROLE): Member communication
- TREASURER (AVAILABLE ROLE): Supports President with managing TAVA's finances
- WEBMASTER (AVAILABLE ROLE): Updating website content and layout, and member support
ADHOC COMMITTEE ROLES: Serve as needed, based on current events or work being supported by Executive Committee i.e. serve as a Give & Get workshop facilitator for one of our workshops, or sit one of our current project working groups (i.e. like our DEI Working Group, Conference Committee, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY:
You can nominate yourself or someone else for the Executive Committee by emailing email@example.com
In your email, please include:
- Name of the nominee (this can be yourself)
- Role you are nominating for (please see role descriptions above)
- The nominee's updated resume attached in PDF format
Important to note about Committee roles:
- Each Executive Committee role is a two year term, based on TAVA's fiscal year (Oct 1 through to Sept 30).
- New Executive Committee members are elected by the membership at our Membership Meetings.
- The Vice President's role is a progressive role, ideally with the incumbent serving one year as Vice President, one year as President, and finally one year as Past President (for a total of 3 years of volunteer service). Please see the position descriptions above for more information.
- Applicants must be a current TAVA member (i.e. membership fee paid for current membership year).