TAVA values partnerships, collaboration, and information sharing with other Volunteer Engagement professional associations, locally, provincially, nationally and internationally. Through effective partnerships and collaborations, TAVA believes that we can better support our membership and also avoid duplication of efforts and help our resources stretch further, to better mitigate some of the complex issues impacting our members, profession, and sector.
Volunteer Toronto is Toronto’s Volunteer Centre. Volunteer centres help volunteers find opportunities, and help non-profits run successful volunteer programs. TAVA is a proud to support Volunteer Toronto, and to periodically collaborate and partner with them on initiatives that supports and or advances volunteerism. And, are extremely thankful to Volunteer Toronto for their past and continued support of TAVA, supports which have included the following:
- Providing a financial contribution in assistance of TAVA’s membership subsidy strategy, a financial contribution that we have reserved to cover full or partial TAVA membership fee payments for members experiencing financial barriers.
- Alternating as monthly professional development workshop hosts.
- Collaborating with our Executive Committee to co-design our annual conferences
- Collaborating with our Executive Committee to promote COVID-19 program recovery strategies.
- Co-planning for long-term sustainability, and designing opportunities to increase: membership, sub-sector engagement and supports for volunteer professionals.
PAVRO is the provincial (Ontario) professional association (TAVA membership provides a discount to PAVRO membership). PAVRO's mandate is to support professional development of volunteer engagement professionals in Ontario.
- PAVRO created the AVA Liaison Network, to bring together representatives from local Volunteer Engagement professional associations across Ontario. The Network consists of approximately 24 local associations (of which TAVA is one) where news, projects, challenges and successes are shared.
- As a local AVA that supports volunteer engagement professionals in the GTA and surrounding area, TAVA is a proud to support PAVRO and to periodically collaborate and partner with them on initiatives that supports and or advances volunteerism.
Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration (CCVA) seeks to advance excellence in volunteer administration by delivering professional certification and advocating ethical practice.
- TAVA is a proud to promote the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration, and to support our shared efforts to advance volunteerism, which includes supporting our TAVA members in their efforts to get or renew their CVA credentials.