2023 TAVA BURSARY AWARD
Need financial help to support with your professional development? Our Bursary Award Application is now open!
The TAVA Bursary Award is designed to support the ongoing learning and development of members to attend training courses, participate in conferences, or purchase products (books, online resources) related to Volunteer Management. The Bursary Award can also be used to cover travel and accommodations to a workshop or conference. Read on to learn more about the member criteria and application process for this Membership Year. NOTE*: Our TAVA Bursary Award amount, and availability, changes each year, based on available funds. ⭐ Deadline has passed for the 2022-2023 year. Stay tuned for our 2023-2024 Application! ⭐ .
Further Application Details:
TAVA Bursary Award Details:
- The Deadline for Members to Apply is Friday May 19 2023.
- Applicants will be notified of their application status by Monday, May 22, 2023
- Each application will be assessed by the Bursary Selection Committee.
- If a members application is successful, we provide payment (reimbursement) upon receiving and verifying your receipts. Recipients will be announced at the 2023 TAVA AGM and their names and photographs will appear on the TAVA website. Recipients will also be asked to participate in a member spotlight (published on our website).
- This year our Bursary Award funds are available for up to $500, which can be split between a number of applicants. This means that depending on how many awards are distributed, the individual award amount given can range between $50-$500. Once the Bursary Selection Committee receives all the applications, they will make a decision regarding how many bursaries will be given out. Award winners will be made aware of the award amount once they are notified of their application status.
- Award Bonus: Recipients of TAVA’s Bursary Award get invited to serve as volunteers on the Bursary Selection Committee in the following program year!
- Award Bonus: Recipients of TAVA Bursary Award can use it to assist with their professional development - OR to get their conference fees covered!
Who Can Apply/Application Criteria:
- Applicants must be a member in good standing (i.e. current membership fees paid in full by April 1, 2023) with TAVA.
- Recipients may be working, studying, or seeking employment in the volunteer management field at the moment of application; their intended profession is in the field of volunteer management.
- To encourage new applicants, recipients of TAVA Bursary from the previous year (2022) are not eligible to apply (Members of the Bursary Selection Committee are also not eligible to apply).
- The 2023 TAVA Bursary must be used for products, services, or workshops purchased between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023.
COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM
⭐ Deadline has passed for the 2022-2023 year. Stay tuned for our 2023-2024 Application! ⭐
- If you have any questions about the guidelines or submitting an application, please get in touch with Mab Coates-Davies, TAVA Awards & Bursary Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org