Applying a DEI Lens to Volunteer Administration
✨ Thursday, February 8, 2024
✨ Meeting virtually over Zoom
Our February workshop will deepen our appreciation for how diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) can shape the work of volunteer administrators through direct application to our field. In this session, we will:
- Make the case for DEI within volunteer administration so that you can engage leaders and foster buy-in.
- Share a framework to help assess and strengthen your policies and procedures from a DEI perspective so that you can recruit and retain volunteers of various lived experiences.
- Practice application in small breakout groups using a live example so that you can bring the experiential learning back to your programs.
- Consolidate through discussion and reflection.
Guest Speaker: Christina Sackeyfio
Christina is the Principal Consultant and Owner of Boldly Inclusive, a consulting, coaching, and training firm specializing in diversity and inclusion. Boldly Inclusive works with its customers to embed inclusion into strategic and operational planning, the design and development of programs and services, and leadership capacity-building in organizations.
Prior to starting her business, Christina had a 15-year career working in social impact and innovation in the non-profit sector using DEI as a driver. A professional educator, strategist, and community engagement specialist, she has developed a unique skillset around designing, implementing, and evaluating complex inclusion initiatives, and has worked for and with private, public, and non-profit organizations to foster more welcoming environments and improved client experiences. Her previous work experiences include:
- Community engagement and DEI leadership at Peel Children’s Aid Society;
- Fostering leadership diversity at Peel Leadership Centre;
- And partnering with Newcomers to Canada, Indigenous communities, youth and women nationwide to foster financial empowerment at Prosper Canada.
Christina is a Canadian Certified Inclusion Professional. She earned her MBA from the Schulich School of Business at York University, with specializations in Organizational Development and Marketing. She also has a Master of Arts in Education from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto, with a focus on Critical Integrated Anti-Racism Education. Christina is a published author, international speaker, and has been monthly contributor to The Leadership Leap® Radio Show on the Voice America Business Channel.
✨ This is a virtual online workshop. Once you've registered, information on how to join the Zoom meeting will be sent in a reminder email a day prior to the workshop.
✨ This workshop is open to TAVA Membership. Click here to be a Member/ Renew!